Kubica leaves hospital

Posted: April 23, 2011 in News, Renault
Tags: ,

Renault have started the season well even without Kubica

Injured Renault driver Robert Kubica has left hospital after ten weeks.

In February Kubica suffered a partially severed right hand and fractures in his right leg and arm while competing in the Ronde di Andora rally during the off-season.

Doctors are pessimistic about the Pole’s chances of driving this season and a cloud still remains over his long-term career prospects.

“I am starting to feel a lot better now. My recovery is moving in the right direction,” Kubica told the Renault official website earlier this week.

“My strength and weight are increasing day on day and as a result I will leave the Santa Corona hospital very soon.”

He said the mobility in his arm was improving on a daily basis and that his recovery was progressing at an expected rate.

Kubica also thanked everyone who had wished him well in recent weeks.

“I must admit that it’s been overwhelming and it’s helped me a lot. I really didn’t realise that quite this many fans were supporting me.

“I’m very flattered and I promise them that, when I’m back, I’ll give them my absolute best,” he said.

The Renault team has made a strong start to the season despite Kubica’s setback.

Russian Vitaly Petrov scored his first career podium inAustraliaand Kubica’s deputy, Nick Heidfeld, matched his third place in Malaysia.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s